Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What I was feeling when I discovered my wife's affair

I never understood how it could happened to me. That a man born into my position could nearly come to lose everything he ever desired. That a man born with such privilege and honor could bear such great sorrow. It was my biggest fear. Not to lose everything, but to be a failure. Had I failed Daisy? Why was she turning her affection to a fraud such as Gatsby. I know that ever since the beginning of our marriage I had been unfaithful, but I always returned in the end. Daisy has been the structure of my success, the carrier of my good name, and a faithful servant to my every decree. I could not afford to lose her. It brought me stress to see her and Gatsby staring romantically into each others' eyes. I was never more humiliated to see my own wife in my own home continuing her romantic affair with a scoundrel. I love Daisy, honest and for truly,  I do. It had been my ambition to make her happy. Had I not given Daisy the best of everything? Were the string of pearls not enough? Our home? Her clothes? Our daughter? Our life together? What had I failed to do? I would not risk being a failure to her or myself any longer. Daisy is my source of ambition, and as long as I have her, I would never be a failure. 

5 comments:

  1. Don't you get it you fool? The only reason she was ever with you in the first place was because you were born into such a substantial situation. The reason she loved me old sport was that she was interested in who I was and not what I had! The day you begin to present yourself in a manner aside of your bequeaths is the day you can actually begin to be loved by girls such as Daisy. You must come to realize that she never did love you, she was in love with your money and your money only! For me, originally, it was the other way around but now that I have acquired some wealth myself she loves me all around. Think rationally here, old sport, and maybe you won't question the decisions your wife has made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, you just don't understand. You say you love me, but you've never been faithful. You have such a horrid temper, and you hide behind your girth to intimidate people. I may have loved you once but it was an empty love. Spending time with Gatsby opened my eyes to what real love was, and all that I missed by being married to a man like you. Even if you said sorry for all you have done, even if you try to make up for the pains you have caused, I will never love you like a love Gatsby and Tom, you need to get that through your thick skull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old sport Daisy was and has never been your top priority, she has always been mine. All she was to you was a women that you took advantage of. You had not given her the best of everything old sport. All you gave her were tangible objects, you never gave her your full love and affection like I have old sport. She belongs with me and will always belong with me. A man is not given a beautiful wife because of his wealth, he is given one because he has worked to gain her heart, you old sport have not done so. All you have done old sport is steal her and corrupt her into thinking that in order to love one must have wealth, but now I have this and she will always love me more than you old sport.

    Gatsby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, I did love you at once when we were married. However, when I saw Jay for the first time in five years, I realized that I love Jay more than I'll ever love you. All you cared about is your reputation and what people think of you when they see you with me. You never made me feel loved. I felt more love from Jay than I've ever felt from you. You act like my love is important to you, when really, you go behind my back and have an affair. You make it sound like I'm everything to you, but you've never given me a single thing. You've given me material items and wealth, but Jay has given me something I'll never get from you: true love.

    - Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom, you've already failed as a man. You are hurt but imagine how Daisy would feel. Why did you leave your previous home? Do you think Daisy has forgiven you for that? You've failed to be faithful don't you see? You are even hard on her for no good reason. What is your definition of affection? Because lavish vacations and vibrant clothes are not it. You haven't been kind. You haven't given your family the time or love and that, sport, is why you have failed.
    Signed,
    Nick

    ReplyDelete