Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What I was feeling when I heard Myrtle was moving west.

Everything seemed to be going all at once. I had begun to feel that I was a failure. That same day, as I tried to steal my wife back, I made a short pit-stop at Wilson's gas station. The owner's wife, Myrtle Wilson, has been one of my many faithful mistresses. As her husband came to fill the tank of the car, he gave his new he and Myrtle were moving out west. I don't know why I let this affected me, I confessed my love for Daisy and I was trying to win her back. For some peculiar reason I felt that I had failed again. Myrtle played a significant role in my life. Whenever I would leave for the city, she would be the woman who I would call upon to bring excitement in my life. Myrtle and I enjoyed each other's hospitality whenever we saw each other. Myrtle took my stress off a lot of things, and now I feel as all this stress is coming back to me all at once. First my wife has been stolen from me, and now Myrtle is going to leave against her will. This was all just too much for one man to handle. I began to lose everything that was important to me. I felt there was no chance to get Myrtle back, she would have to go with her husband. From that point on, I promised myself to reconcile with Daisy and she if she would be able to fill this empty void that I started to feel inside. This was the failure's pain.   

4 comments:

  1. Tom, how dare you take advantage of me like that! Here I am head over heels for you thinking that you felt the same in return. How stupid could I have been for falling for a such a heartless man like you. I loved you more than George and I have poured all of my heart and soul into trying to get you to be with me instead of Daisy. I should've seen this coming. You only used me for you mere pleasure when Daisy did not suffice. You cold hearted man. I hope you do well knowing that your wife murdered me and you have now left me with a broken heart.
    -Myrtle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should not have been concerned about my wife at all. She should not have been a part of your life. She was my wife not yours. All the women in the world, and you chose to have an affair with my wife. We were supposed to be friends. You betrayed our friendship and destroyed a marriage. I do not know how you live with yourself everyday. You cannot take things from other people and throw them back when things go wrong and act like nothing happened. My wife is now dead because of you. You are an selfish man, Tom Buchanan.
    - George

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom you should be ashamed of yourself for manipulating people like that! I can't believe I ever loved you! You treated me horribly and I still stuck around and now I'm hearing that you hope I fill this void in your life. If I wasn't enough in the first place then why did you marry me? If you didn't want to feel like a failure then you should have stayed loyal to me and our marriage. If you were unhappy, you should have done everything in your power to make things work. You could have talked to me, but no, you decided to go around and sleep with that no good woman. I can't believe you would do that to me! You are a heartless and selfish man, Tom Buchanan. I'm ashamed to have the same last name as you.

    -Daisy

    ReplyDelete